- First things first. Download the NetValet app on any smart device from the App store (Apple) or Google Play (Android).
2. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and you will see your Log In screen. Choose either Google+ or Facebook to log into the app.
3. You’ll next be asked to scan the QR code located on the front of your GigaCenter.
Simply hold your phone’s camera to the barcode until it scans. This will connect your GigaCenter to the NetValet App.
4. You will now be able to see your home screen. From this screen, you can access many different features that will let you tailor your WiFi just the way you want it.
5. By clicking the Home or Guest Network buttons, you can change both the name and password for each.
This feature helps maintain privacy and security in your home by allowing your guests to use your Wi-Fi without connecting to your personal network.
6, The Devices button will allow you to see all the devices connected to your GigaCenter.
The devices will appear by their IP address and MAC ID. Enter the MAC Address (without the colons) in the one of the following websites:
- https://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui- lookup.html
You will then see the product that has that IP Address. This should help you know which device is which. You can then edit the name of the device. (For example, “Mom’s iPad”) This will further help tailor your Wi-Fi to your specific needs, and help us when troubleshooting
7. The Users button will take you to this screen. Add users to devices or edit current users. You will need to do this step to access control features. Here you can also assign users to policies, which will be shown next.
8. The Policy button will bring you to this screen. From here, you can customize your Wi-Fi options. For example, parents can add a policy that shuts off their kids’ Wi-Fi at bedtime.
9. Finally, the Traffic Monitor button will show you the top 5 applications that use up your bandwidth